* Nursery Rhymes: "The Queen of Hearts," "Sing a Song of Sixpence," "Jack Horner," and "Simple Simon"
* Recipe: Mini Tarts
* Craft: Tinkly Tambourines
1 stick butter
1/8 tsp. salt
1 c. all-purpose flour
2 Tbs. sugar
3 Tbs. water
assorted fruit, cut into small pieces
1/2 c. clear red jelly, apple jelly, or strained apricot jelly
1. Mix flour, salt, and sugar. Cut in butter until mixtures resembles fine crumbs. Add water, 1 Tbs. at a time until dough cleans the bowl. Knead a few times. Roll out thinly (I did all these steps myself for ease of clean up).
Cut into circles larger than your pans. (Can use tart pans or muffin pans).
Press into pans. Prick all over with fork.
Bake in 400 degree F oven for 15 minutes, or until brown. Let cool on wire rack.
Place jam/jelly in saucepan and melt over low heat. Brush into cooled pie shells.
Decorate with fruit. Brush more jelly glaze over top. Let cool and ENJOY!!
~ TiNkLy TaMbOuRiNeS ~
These are popular with the younger kids and WARNING--these are loud! We limit the time these can be used :).
What you need:
Aluminum pie pans
Bells, buttons, beads, shells, etc...
1. Punch 10-12 holes around each pie pan, using a hole punch.
2. Cut a piece of string at least twice as long as the pan's circumference.
3. Thread string in and out the holes, adding a bell, button, bead, or shell, in between each hole.
4. Tie string ends together (not too tightly--you want a little slack to make noise).
|Time to make some noise!!|