I'm sitting in my house and listening to the 50 mile an hour winds blowing around me and it's really freaking me out! Western Washington has a lot of big old trees all over. I love big, mature trees, but not when the wind is plowing into them! I hope they are all still standing tomorrow morning, when I wake up, and that my house remains unscathed!
Anyway, today was a crummy day so I decided I'd better take my own advice, that I give to my oldest child all the time, to count your blessings...
* I am thankful that Super Saturday is almost here and that I will be done with all this planning and preparing.
* I am thankful that the PTA Reflections contest entries will be judged soon and I can get them to district and out of my office.
* I am thankful that my son's socks absorbed most of the urine that he unleased today while standing in the long line at the craft store.
* I am thankful that I only have to make 104 invitations for the Relief Society Christmas dinner; some of you come from big wards, sorry!
* I am thankful that I am a pretty heavy sleeper and will probably sleep through these insane wind gusts. (The trick will be GETTING to sleep, though).
* I am thankful that I have the freedom to change my mind and cave on subjects like finding out a baby's gender.
* I am thankful that our baby is a very healthy little person--even if it's a he and not a she. (I miss baby girl stuff!!!)
* I am thankful for wonderful friends like you who took the time to read what's on my mind...just because!
A boy?! Congratulations! Good luck with all of your projects. I only heard one big wind gust here but our lights did flicker.
What a good idea. I need to count my blessings too. Congratulations on the "he"!
congrats on the boy! And I totally understand about the wind. I don't mind lightning and thunder, but wind does freak me out.
I don't know how you do so much. Can I help you with the invitations? I like doing stuff like that.
I'm so excited to hear you are having a boy. I totally get your desire to do the little girl thing again, girl stuff is a lot of fun and I sort of longed for it a little bit when I was pregnant with Austin too, but can I just say that I have LOVED having a little boy. I'm loving all the orange and blue and brown stuff out there and I don't know about you, but my baby boys are way more cuddly than my girls. just sayin.
Reading this made me miss you. you were always so energetic, optimistic, and super friendly.
That sounds like a lot to do. Congratulations on the boy!
Ha ha! I love your gratitude list!!!!
I'M grateful that I finally got on your blog and found out your big news!! Congratulations! Boys are the best!!!! (but I TOTALLY hear you on the girl thing). I glad you don't get sick... I DON'T hate you (but maybe cuz I have them pretty good myself)
Congratulations on another boy! Any names picked out? Are you Enrichment leader? That's what I was but we just moved out of that ward, so I'm not anymore. But, I'm still helping plan their Christmas Enrichment ;)
I love the urine absorbed socks, LOL! We had a similar instance at the doctors office, only he peed IN my purse! You are an amazing woman!
Congrats on the boy! I would love to have another boy- maybe this is because I currently have 3 girls and only one boy, but boys sure are sweet. But even with three girls, I know how you feel to still want another girl, especially having 2 boys yourself!
And funny that you caved and found out what you're having. I know some people can do that, but I HAVE to know. The suspense would literally KILL me as a pregnant woman! :)
Good luck with all you have to do. You really do DO IT ALL. It's amazing.
Bec--I am the 2nd counselor in RS, so you can imagine what my poor leader has to do!!! (She's in charge of the dinner for Dec. I only have to do invitations and a short program. The rest of the board is heading up the decorations and helping her with food).
As long as the baby loves me, I'm all right with either gender. :-) hee hee
What a positive point in that long line bit. Poor guy.
Super Saturday turned out great! Thank you for all your work.
I am excited for you little boy, another friend for Mason!
way to find something to be grateful for! i loved it. good luck getting everything pulled together. or maybe this post is so old that you already completed everything...? in that case, hope it WENT well.
Post a Comment